Rodrigo Duterte is the 16Th Philippines President and he is also Seven-time mayor of Davao City, Philippines. Moreover, he is also working for a Lawyer. He is the oldest president of Philippines. Rodrigo Duterte began his career at Davao city bar. Subsequently, in 1977, he became special counsel at the City Prosecution Office, serving in the post until 1979.
Early Life and Family Background of Rodrigo Duterte
- He was born on 28, March 1945 in Maasin, Philippines
- His real name is Rodrigo Roa Duterte
- The Nickname of Duterte is The Punisher, Digong, Donald Trump of The Philippines, Duterte Harry
- His father name is Vicente G Duterte is a local mayor and lawyer and her mother name are Soledad she was a teacher and social activist.
- His high school education was not good at all. After being expelled from two schools for unruly behaviour.
- In 1968, Rodrigo Duterte has done his graduation with Bachelor of Arts and Political Science.
- In 1972, he also clear the bar examination at San Beda College of law, Manilla, Philippines
Carrier of Duterte
- Rodrigo Duterte began his career at Davao city bar. Subsequently, in 1977, he became special counsel at the City Prosecution Office, serving in the post until 1979.
- From 1979 to 1981, he served as the fourth Assistant City Prosecutor
- From 1981 to 1983, he served as the Third Assistant City Prosecutor and From 1983 to 1986 as the second Assistant city Prosecutor
- In 1983, “People Power Revolution” started which in 1986, the dictatorial government of Ferdinand Marcos and restored democratic institutions in the country. Furthermore, In the same year, Duterte was appointed as the officer-in-charge vice mayor for the city of Davao
- He won three more consecutive awards (2001, 2004 & 2007). During this period the condition of Davao city improved in all respects. Moreover, It won the national Literacy hall of fame award for winning the first place in the Outstanding Local Government Unit.
- In addition, the general election took place on may 9,2016.
- On may 27, 2016 the 16 th congress of the Philipines proclaimed Rodrigo Duterte of Partido Demokratiko Pilipino as the president-elect of the Philippines
- Moreover, he won with 16,601,997 votes, which is 6.6 million more than his nearest rival
- President Rodrigo Duterte’s war on drugs is one of his most important works that he undertook as the Mayor of Davao City.
- Using city funds, he also had a drug rehabilitation and treatment centre built at the cost of P12-million. Moreover, It provides 24 hours services
- In 2003, he floated a plan that provided a monthly allowance of P2,000 to drug addicts who personally approached him and promise to give up the habit.
- In 1973, he married Elizabeth Abellana Zimmerman she is a flight attended in German-American Airlines.
- They have three children Paolo, Sara and Sebastian Duterte
- Among them, Paolo and Sara Joined politics and Sebastian became a businessman.
- In 1990, Duterte developed a relationship with Filipino businessperson and former nurse Cielito Avancena. They have a daughter that name, Veronica.
Some unknown facts about Mr President
- Duterte was once a heavy smoker, but later gave it up due to some health problems
- He suffers from Thromboangiitis obliterans and thrombosis of blood vessels in the hands and feet.
- The networth of Duterte has p23,504,566
For more personalities click here